Areas of Teaching Interest
Estimation Theory, Intelligent Control, Robotics, Computer Architecture, Microcomputers, Digital Logic
Areas of Research Interest
Cooperative unmanned aerial systems, Sensor-based intelligent control, Robotics, Pattern recognition, Embedded systems, Computer security, and Engineering education
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 1995
M.S., Engineering Science, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 1990
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, 1988
- Daniel Pack and Steven Barrett, Microcontroller Theory and Application: HC12 and S12, 2nd ed., Pearson Prentice Hall, New York, 2007
- Steve F. Barrett and Daniel J. Pack, Embedded Systems Design and Application with the 68HC12 and HCS12, Prentice Hall, New York 2005. Published in Chinese, Spanish, French, and Russian
Chapters in Books
- Hyukseong Kwon and Daniel Pack, Cooperative Target Localization by Multiple Unmanned Aircraft Systems Using Sensor Fusion Quality, in the Optimization Letters, Special Issue: Dynamics of Information Systems, Springer-Verlag, 2011.
- G. Plett, D. Zarzhitsky, and D. Pack, Out-of-order Sigma-point Kalman Filtering for Target Localization using Cooperating Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, invited chapter in Cooperative Control and Optimization, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer-Verlag, 2008.
Journal and Conference Papers
- George York and Daniel Pack, "Ground Target Detection Using Cooperative Unmanned Aerial Systems," International Journal of Intelligent Robotic Systems, vol. 65, Issue 1 (2012), pp. 473-478.
- Daniel Pack, Pedro DeLima, Gregory Toussaint, and George York, "Cooperative Control of UAVs for Localizing Intermittently Emitting Mobile Targets," IEEE Transactions on System, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 39, No. 4, pp 959-970, August, 2009.
- Daniel J. Pack and Alan R. Klayton, "Education through Robotics at the United States Air Force Academy," Special Issue of the International Journal of Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing (World Automation Congress) on Global Look at Robotics Education, Volume 13, No. 1, pp. 45-56, 2007.
- Daniel Pack, Robert Avanzato, and David Ahlgren, "Fire-Fighting Mobile Robotics and Interdisciplinary Design - Comparative Perspectives," IEEE Transactions on Education, Volume 47, No. 3, pp. 369-276, August, 2004.
- Rajnikant Sharma Josiah Yoder, Hyukseong Kwon and Daniel Pack, "Vision Based Mobile Target Geo-location and Target Discrimination using Bayes Detection Theory," in Proceedings of the 2012 International Symposium on Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems, Baltimore, Maryland, Nov 8-11, 2012.
- Rajnikant Sharma, Daniel Pack, Randal Beard, and Clark Taylor, "Bearing-only Cooperative Geo-Localization using Miniature Air Vehicles," in Proceedings of the 2012 American Control Conference, Montreal, Canada, June 27-29, 2012.