Areas of Teaching Interest
Analysis and Design of Control Systems, Discrete Time Control Systems, Intelligent Controls, Robust Nonlinear Controls
Areas of Research Interest
Robust and adaptive control of nonlinear systems, Homogeneous systems theory, Output feedback control, Observer design and fault detection, Intelligent control systems, Control of nonholonomic systems, Underactuated mechanical systems, Aerospace systems, Communication network, Robotics
Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University, 2001.
- C. Qian and J. Li, Global Finite-Time Stabilization by Output Feedback for Planar Systems without Observable Linearization, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 50, No. 6, (2005) 885-890.
- C. Qian, Semi-Global Stabilization of a Class of Uncertain Nonlinear Systems by Linear Output Feedback, IEEE Transactions on Circuit and Systems II, Vol. 52, No. 4, (2005) 218-222.
- C. Qian and W. Lin, Nonsmooth Output Feedback Stabilization of a Class of Genuinely Nonlinear Systems in the Plane, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 48, No. 10 (2003) 1824-1829.
- C. Qian and W. Lin, Output feedback control of a class of nonlinear systems: a nonseparation principle paradigm, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 47, No. 10 (2002), 1710-1715.
- C. Qian and W. Lin, A continuous feedback approach to global strong stabilization of nonlinear systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 46, No. 7, (2001), 1061-1079.